We’ve all used Status Update Apps, and while a lot of them are fairly decent and help provide a reasonable sense of what a team is working on, they rarely go beyond the basics. This is primarily because the APIs they rely on are built to serve a rather basic set of requirements.
At Snowpal, where our team continually builds complex products all the time, we noticed that a lot of our specific questions (read: the really important ones) weren’t answered by these generic APIs. So, we decided to create a rich set of Status Update endpoints to help us, and help you.
Given that the API has numerous to satisfy a plethora of needs, it’s best to review the API Specification and related documentation to get an understanding of it. With that said, here’s a subset of the features it supports:
- Manage teams
- Manage team members
- Add admins
- Manage team statuses (as admins)
- Manage status (as team member)
- Add blockers, blocked by, etc.
In the next version:
- Get a sense of team and team member performance
- Identify high and low performing members
- Find teams that are self sufficient, and ones that could use additional help
- Rank teams and members by performance
- …and more.
Subscribe to our Status Management API on http://aws.snowpal.com.